Thursday, July 25, 2013

Interview With Myself - Why is Luke is NC-17?

Q: And another thing. Star Wars was written for 13-year-old boys. "Luke" has a couple graphic sex scenes and a ton of sexual references. What is he matter with you?

A: Luke is not written for 13-year-old boys. It is written for adults who might have fallen in love with Star Wars at 13, but still love it today. I wrote it for me, kind of. There was no bigger Star Wars fan growing up than me. These days I’m an adult, have lived a varied and interesting life, and so my taste in entertainment has matured. I like dark stories, challenging stories, and artistic stories. With Luke, I tried to combine these two things I love, Star Wars and gritty, funny, dark crime noir tales.

Q: Is that your excuse for the dirty parts? You consider yourself an artist?

A: Yes.

Q: What’s next? You going to turn “The Cat In The Hat” into a story about a male stripper with a taste in quirky headgear who deals heroin door-to-door?

A: I thought of that. So don’t tempt me. I could do it. It would rhyme and everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment